I’ve been using speech input for more than two decades after a bout with repetitive strain injuries in my hands. I use Dragon Pro Individual with two add-ons: Intag, which numbers elements like buttons and links, and Utter Command, which allows you to say command phrases.
I developed Utter Command and I train people to use speech input efficiently.
I’m currently working on making the words and rules I use in Utter Command open source and more portable.
The text and slides from the presentation I gave at AccessU include my latest thoughts on using speech input: Including Speech Input Users: What’s frustrating, what’s needed – 2018 update (PDF, slides)
AccessU, May 16, 2018
Here’s some more background:
- Greetings from planet RSI: an attempt to explain what it’s like to have hands that hurt all the time
- Advice from planet RSI: how to get better
- The Redstart Systems Legacy site, home of the first (Dragon) version of Utter Command
- Speech input presentations
- The UC Knowledge Base of speech resources
- More Presentations